(Updated June 2020)
You must wear a mask to enter either of our clinics. NO EXCEPTIONS!
We do have screening procedures that must be followed at both locations. There are some differences at each location.
Pascagoula Pre-Screening Procedures
Our Front Desk will make every effort to call the day before your appointment to review our Pre-screening procedure.
Our entry door will remain locked; everyone must be pre-screened before entering the building. When you arrive, you can call 762-0713 to answer the pre-screen questions or ring the bell and someone will come to the door to assist you.
- Only one person essential to assist with a patient’s mobility or communication with the healthcare personnel will be allowed to stay with the patient. All other visitors will have to wait outside.
- Pre-Screening Procedure – Primarily done by front desk staff.
- Temperature check – Must be under 100.4 – If not, the nurse will be notified.
- The pre-screening questionnaire must be completed and signed.
Questions on the Questionnaire
- Have you had the COVID-19 virus?
- Have you been exposed to someone known to be infected?
- Have you traveled to a potentially contaminated location OR traveled out of state?
- Have you been around anyone that this would apply?
- Do you have or recently had any of the following flu-like symptoms (shortness of breath, coughing, fever, headache, sore throat or loss of smell)?
- Have you been around anyone that has these flu-like symptoms?
- If anyone answers yes to the above screening questions or has a temperature above 100.4, a nurse/physician will determine if you can be seen or if you need to be referred to the SRHS COVID-19 Hotline 809.5044.
- Arrangements will be made to schedule a Telehealth visit within 24 hours if you are not seen.
- Upon completion of your screening, if the nurse is not ready to escort you to an exam room, you will be asked to wait in your vehicle.